Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Corn and Black Bean Salsa - A Favorite!




One of my favorite cookbooks is Earthbound Organic's Food to Live By.  There is a wealth of great recipes, tips, ideas, and organic know-how.  I was first introduced to this book with this particular recipe,  Corn and Black Bean Salsa.  This is a favorite for me.  It is easy, quick, and so incredibly refreshing.  Perhaps you'll enjoy it too.




Love this recipe book.  It's a great resource.





The recipe is mostly black beans and corn, but there is lots more that join in on this party to make it oh, so yummy!   Fresh tomato, red bell pepper (my addition), purple onion, parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and seasons.  Need I write more?  Soooo delicious!


Here's the recipe - I'm just too lazy to write it out myself.  

1. Mix all the fresh ingredients (beans, corn, tomato, onion, and parsley)
2. Mix the liquids with the garlic and seasons (garlic, vinegar, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt, pepper.  I added some lime juice too) 
3. Pour dressing over fresh ingredients and enjoy!

No comments: