Monday, September 19, 2011

Frozen Meal Follow-up: BBQ CHICKEN

Saturday we took off for a family hike and had a BLAST enjoying some time in the woods.  The kiddos especially enjoyed all the wonders of the woods and the freedom of exploring big territories.  

Before embarking on our day trip, I decided I had better put something in the crock pot so that we would have a filling and delicious meal waiting on us when we returned.  I grabbed the pre-assembled frozen pineapple bbq chicken and it was oh so good!

The recipe is as follows:

1 jar of your favorite bbq sauce (I used Williams Bros BBQ b/c it is preservative free)
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
3/4 of a large can of pineapple chunks plus some of the juice (use as many or as few pineapples as you like)
1 Onion julienned 
4-6 pieces of already cooked bacon (I had some on hand) cut into pieces

A sprinkle of brown sugar (optional)

I served it over rice and it was just perfect.





No comments: