Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time, Time, Time

Where does it all go?! I can pretty much tell you that 99.9999% is taken by two little people who spend their days scurrying about exploring every nook and cranny of their spaces. The world is alive and full of opportunity. I have flashes of something once remembered when I watch them at play - childhood, oh the joys of it all! And the pain too, I often hear mingled in with the laughter cries of pain from falling or pushing themselves beyond their limits. But they quickly brush it off and the joy of the experience trumps the fading pain. I love watching my kids play. Our little back yard couldn't be more than 20 yards wide, but to them it may as well be a forest teeming with life.
Time... doesn't feel like I've had much these days. I have to laugh at the ridiculous attempts Jon and I make at being quiet in the morning. Our desperate attempts to keep the sleeping tigers asleep! Tip toe... that's kids stuff, we practically pad the doors and elevate down the tiny hall way of our home, walking around in the dark, for heaven's sake!! And all in the name of having some 'quiet time' to ourselves before the kids wake up. But time is so valuable when most of it is dominated by the demands of our children, our jobs, our professors, and ... well, you fill in the blank it just never really seems to stop.
Time... it's time to start keep track again. Time to keep a 'log' of sorts of all the great and wonderful things that are happening these days. Each day seems to be full laughable moments, even the ones when you aren't supposed to laugh, for instance during a serious discipline/training moment. Those are the worst, when all you want to do is bust out laughing but you JUST CAN'T b/c you're trying to teach! I guess you just have to laugh later, but often I find that I'm too tired. I hope reflecting and writing it down will help me remember the moment and bring it life a little bit for others to enjoy.
Time to begin again. Let's hope this time I am able to stick with it!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love that you're going to be blogging again! Can't wait to hear all sorts of fun stories!