Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekly Menu


First let me just say, I know.  It's Monday and I'm just getting around to posting this.  It's been busy weekend!

MENU RECAP

Well, last week wasn't as much of a success as I had hoped, but I was able to complete two out of my three proposed meals.  Note to self, do not make your most detailed meal on your busiest day (I should know this one, right).





Monday: Home made Chicken Fingers

This meal was easy to make, perhaps a little more messy/time consuming than I would have liked.  The recipe called for Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs) and that was the first time I've ever baked with them.  They were great!  The recipe was decent, it called for a curried egg wash, which actually turned out to be pretty good.  In the end however, I believe this baked chicken fingers recipe wasn't a keeper - sad, I know.  The search continues.



BBQ Chicken Pizza

This was SUPER easy.  Pre-made pizza dough, a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce, chopped cooked chicken (I used some I had frozen), cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, pineapple, and purple onion.  Bake it all up for about 13 minutes - done.  I will add that the bbq sauce should be used sparingly.  It has such a strong flavor that it can easily dominate and take away from the other ingredients.

So, just two easy recipes last week.  



THIS WEEK'S MENU:

Monday - Manicotti 
Tuesday - Poppy Seed Chicken
Wednesday - Fish sticks/sweet potato fries
Thursday - Green Enchiladas
Friday - Leftovers or TBD
Saturday - Grilled Chicken Salad

Since I'm posting this late, I'm happy to say that Monday was delicious!  I'll keep you posted.  Also, my green enchilada recipe is AMAZING.  I'll try to post that next week.

Lastly, I'm trying to think up an idea for Friday night.  I usually make this our pizza or calzone night, but we've eaten LOTS of pizza in the last week so I'm stumped.  I would LOVE any ideas you might want to share.  I'm wide open to suggestions!





1 comment:

breezyone said...

The pizza looks great. Might have to try that. Hamburgers are a good Friday night fun meal