Monday, August 29, 2011

Calzone Follow-up

I love it when a plan comes together.  Last Friday night as I was thinking through dinner plans I decided to give my frozen mini-calzones a try.  Success!   They turned out just perfect.

As you may remember, I had made up a bunch of them and froze them for later use.  These were a great go-to meal and incredibly flavorful as well.  I recommend making up several batches and allow for a variety of filler options.  





This recipe is super easy:
1 loaf frozen bread dough (or you can make your own pizza dough if you want to)
Ricotta Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Whatever pizza toppings you like (we used some sauteed spinach, onion, mushroom, garlic, italian sausage that we had on hand)

See previous post for additional photos:
http://boothbunch.blogspot.com/2011/08/secrets-in-kitchen.html





Easy and yummy.  I love win-win situations!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Those look awesome! Can't wait to try them!